Chicago Cutlery Knife Set Reviews
Buy a Chicago Cutlery knife set and you’re getting a mid-range knife set with a great warranty. Many people believe they are the best knife set that can be purchased for under $200. Chicago Cutlery is warranted against all defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product. Defective knives will be repaired or replaced, as long as the damage is not from abuse or mishandling.
The Taper Grind blade edge is designed to cut food instead of splitting or tearing it. It is designed to keep its edge and stay sharp. These knives can be sharpened repeatedly while still maintaining the sharpness they had when they came out the box.
A Chicago Cutlery knife set is built to last. They are built with a full tang that extends all the way to the end of the handle. This full tang is attached to the handle with no less than 3 rivets. There are a variety of handle types that can be purchased. Stainless steel handles give a refined look and are ideal for a kitchen with stainless appliances. Soft grip handles are comfortable, while classic poly are long-lasting and easy to clean. My personal favorite are the wood handles, which go well with any kitchen.
In addition to the handles, you have a couple of options when it comes to purchasing Chicago Cutlery knives. The forged blades are well-balanced and durable, but are heavier than the stamped knives. The forged blades have a bolster, which is a metal section placed in between the handle and the blade. Stamped blades are one piece blades that are lighter than the forged blades. They are every bit as sharp and durable as the forged blades.
As with all knives, we here at Best Knife Set recommend you keep your Chicago Cutlery knife set sharp. They need to be sharpened after every couple of uses. Using a sharp knife to cut things reduces the chances of an accident and extends the life of the knife. Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 15-Piece Block Set
- One of the few sub-$100 dollar sets that features high-carbon stainless steel blades.-
- Full-tang construction.
- Triple-riveted polymer handles for added durability.
Chicago Cutlery Landmark 12-Piece Block Set
- 75th Anniversary Set. Award-nominated.
- Taper grind for great edge retention.
- Contemporary design adds a touch of class to any kitchen.
- Forged bolsters and full-tang blades for stregth and durability.
Chicago Cutlery Insignia 18-Piece Block Set
- Knife block has built-in sharpener for easy sharpening.
- Taper grind edge stays sharp and offers precise cuts.
- High-carbon stainless steel resists rust and pitting.
- Forged bolsters and full-tang construction for better balance.
Click here for more information on the various Chicago Cutlery knife sets available now: