Calphalon Knife Set (8,16,17,18 Piece ) Reviews
Calphalon is another company that got their start in the cookware industry and is relatively new to the cutlery arena. Those who choose a Calphalon knife set are buying a high quality product. The mid-range Calphalon knives are great knives for use around the home. Those looking for a high-end blade should look into the Katana series. Calphalon blades are made of Japanese steel and are built in China.
The mid-range Calphalon knife set (Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery) is an excellent choice for home cooks and a 21-piece set can be purchased for just under $300. They are made of quality German steel. They sharpen easily, which is a good thing since they need to sharpened often. A common complaint online is these knives need to be sharpened every time they’re used. When sharpened, they cut smoothly are great knives. As long as you don’t mind the frequent sharpening the mid-range Contemporary set is a good deal.
Those looking for a higher quality blade should look at Katana series. These are the best knife set Calphalon carries and are top-tier high end cutlery. Modeled after a Japanese samurai sword and made of layered Japanese steel, these fancy knives live up to the Katana name. The layering process enables the blade to hold its edge longer and allows for smooth and precise cutting. They are exceptionally sharp and the blade is both beautiful and durable. They also come with a stately bamboo block that will be the highlight of your counter. The Katana knife set will quickly become the favorite set of knives you’ve ever owned.
If you buy a Calphalon knife set, there are a few things you should keep in mind in order to make them last as long as possible. They need to be washed and dried right after using them and should be returned to the block as soon as they are dried. They need to be washed by hand and may be damaged if you try to clean them in the dishwasher. If you put your knives through a lot of abuse, you may want to look at other brands.
No matter which model you choose, you will get a good knife with a sharp blade. Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery and Katana knife sets are good knife sets. The Contemporary series isn’t the best knife set out there but will work nicely for day-to-day use in the kitchen.
Want to know how to care for your new set? Check the Calphalon Knives owner’s guide for more information.
If you’re looking for a good gift that most people don’t have, Calphalon bread knives could be just what the doctor ordered. The Katana series bread knife is attractive and functional and costs less than $75. Another good knife is the Calphalon chef’s knife.
– Handles are triple-riveted so they last longer.– Forged blade and tang will last longer and hold up under pressure. Only the steak knives are stamped.– Labeled handles make picking the right knife a breeze.
– Calphalon’s signature series. Features Damascus blades forged in the same manner of samurai swords.– Blade is created with 33 layers of VG Japanese stainless steel.– Require hand-washing and prompt drying.
– Calphalon’s best cutlery set. Features Damascus blades forged in the same manner as Japanese samurai swords.– Features 33 layers of VG Japanese stainless steel.– Hand-wash only.
– Guaranteed not to crack, chip or peel.
– Best value. 17-piece set made of forged German steel.
– Ergonomic handle made of polyresin reinforced by fiberglass.
– Name of knife etched into each handle
– Set comes with kitchen shears and sharpening steel.
Click on the link below for more information on purchasing a Calphalon knife set.